Monday, October 10, 2011

Christmas cards!


I've finally started making Christmas cards! I know it might seem early, but when you're making cards it's better to start early so you have plenty of time to finish them!

This card uses the Dasher stamp. I got my inspiration for the layout from a card on page 27 of the Holiday mini catalog. The card base is Old Olive with a piece of Old Olive DSP on the left. I stamped the reindeer in Early Espresso ink on Whisper White cardstock and added Dazzling Diamonds glitter to his antlers. I used my Big Shot and Top Note Die to cut a piece of Real Red cardstock. Then I added the Early Espresso taffeta ribbon to finish it off.

My card measures 3-1/2" x 5-1/2" and I'm sort of hung up on the fact that it's not the traditional A2 card size. I made another one (pictured below) with the A2 measurements, but I'm not sure I like it as much. Which one do you like better?


Stamps: Dasher, Christmas Greetings
Paper: Old Olive, Real Red, Brights DSP
Ink: Early Espresso
Accessories: Big Shot, Top Note Die, Early Espresso taffeta ribbon, Dazzling Diamonds glitter

No comments:

Post a Comment